BRISTOL, R.I. – The Wentworth men's cross country team took second place at the 2019 Commonwealth Coast Conference Championship hosted by Roger Williams University at Colt State Park on Saturday morning. The Leopards finished with 76 points and a team clock-in of 2:16:37.34, as eight out of ten runners ran for a personal best in the event.
- Wes Brimeyer (5) 26:42.86*
- Will Allen (8) 27:03.26*
- Patrick Heavey (9) 27:04.85*
- Ryan Smith (22) 27:34.53*
- Christian Boyadjiev (33) 28:11.73*
- Rob Moran (46) 28:51.64*
- Brendan Jeanjaquet (47) 28:58.40
- Tyler Cosma (58) 29.24.81
- Robert Pineault (64) 29:36.62*
- Alexis Umana (66) 29:58.45*
FROM THE COACH'S DESK
- "Today was a strong performance for the team. They came out ready to execute, and we won our battles with our 3, 4, and 5 guys to earn runner-up. UNE was strong up front but we had a good battle with Nichols who we lost to early in the season. Many PR's and a great showing for Rob Moran being our 6th guy with a huge PR." – Head Coach Dan Roark
- Wes Brimeyer, Will Allen, and Patrick Heavey all placed in the top 10, earning all-conference honors.
- The Leopards have finished in the top 3 as a team in every CCC Championship event since their varsity inception in 2014, and have three titles to their name (2015, 2016, 2017).
- The Leopards will travel to Brunswick, Maine for the second time this season for the New England Division III Regional Championship on Saturday, November 16.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.