HOW IT HAPPENED
- Gordon scored both of its goals within a 1:11 window, as Ashley Barkey and Monet Marshall netted their first goals of the season for the Fighting Scots.
- Wentworth had its offensive chances, as freshman Macy Paquin (Somerset, Mass.) found herself in a breakaway situation in the 16th minute. With an outside-of-the-foot strike, Paquin sent a line drive to the lower left corner, but a sprawling Kali Denty kept the game scoreless with a point-blank save.
- Barkey broke open the scoring in the 32nd minute, lofting in an untouchable ball from 37 yards out. Marshall gave the Fighting Scots a goal of insurance just over a minute later, redirecting a ball inside the six-yard-box from a Calla Ashley corner kick.
- Gordon outshot the hosts 4-0 in the second half, three of which were scooped up by Wentworth keeper Allison Haynes (Shelton, Conn.) to keep the final score at 2-0.
- Haynes made seven saves overall and drops to 3-5 this season.
- Denty made four saves to secure her third shutout and improves to 5-1-1 in net for Gordon.
- Gordon holds a 18-9-2 record over Wentworth in the all-time series.
- The two teams last met in 2018 CCC Quarterfinals, where Gordon posted a 3-0 victory.
Wentworth beings a four-game road stretch on Wednesday with a 4:00 p.m. contest at Southern Mane.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.