BRIDGEWATER, Mass. – Bridgewater State scored two goals in the second half to defeat the Wentworth women's soccer team in non-conference action at Swenson Field Wednesday afternoon.
Wentworth drops to 4-8-1 overall while Bridgewater scoots to .500 at 6-6.
- Alana Vincent (Kellie Souza) – BSU 60'
- Alana Vincent (Emma Sanders) – 65'
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a scoreless 60 minutes, Bridgewater tacked on its two goals over a five-minute span, both scored by Alana Vincent. Vincent broke open the scoring in the 60th minute following a punt by BSU keeper Kellie Souza.
- Wentworth held a slim 5-4 advantage in shots in the first half, but just one landed on target and was scooped by BSU keeper Kellie Souza. Junior keeper Allison Haynes (Shelton, Conn.) stopped both of the Bears' strikes on net to keep the game scoreless at halftime.
- Bridgewater switched gears in second-half action, outshooting Wentworth 9-5, converting on two bids.
- Haynes made four saves in the effort and drops to 4-8-1.
- Souza made three saves for the Bears.
- Jess Poratti (Essex Junction, Vt.) took five shots for Wentworth.
- Bridgewater State holds a 2-0 record in the series.
- The Leopards resume conference action at Sweeney Field with a 12:00 p.m. contest against Roger Williams.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.