Quincy, Mass. – Freshman Hunter Oshman (Pennington, N.J.) put down 10 kills while hitting .750 to power the Wentworth men's volleyball team past Eastern Nazarene in straight sets on Wednesday evening. The Leopards earn their second straight sweep, and hand the Lions their first loss in five matches.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE – STATISTICAL LEADERS
- Kills: Hunter Oshman (10 - .750), Alex McLane (5 - .571), Drew Potter (5)
- Digs: Drew Hesse (5), Phoenix Stebbins (3), Ryan Love (3)
- Assists: Augusto Rodriguez-Guerrios (19), Connor Adams (12)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wentworth made quick work of the Lions, as the non-conference match lasted just under an hour inside Lahue PE Center. Eastern Nazarene hit -.014 for the night, while the Leopards hit .417 in their second match of the year over .400.
- After Wentworth broke a 4-4 tie in the first set with a 12-4 run, the Leopards stayed in front for the remainder of the match, highlighting the non-conference victory with 18 kills and just a single error in the second frame (.607).
- Leopards earn second straight sweep
- McLane, recently named GNAC Player and Rookie of the Week, hit .400 or better in his third consecutive match
- Wentworth is 3-0 against the Lions, all of which came in straight sets.
- The Leopards hop back into conference action next Thursday, February 20th, for a 7:00 p.m. match at Emerson.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.