BOSTON, Mass. – Four players scored in double figures, including senior Jocelyn Chaput (Nashua, N.H.) who had a game-high 20 points to go along with six assists as the University of New England women's basketball team (5-1, 1-0 Commonwealth Coast Conference) opened CCC play with an 81-45 win over Wentworth Institute of Technology (3-2, 0-1) on Saturday afternoon.
- The University of New England kept Wentworth off the board for the first 3:13, jumping out to a 6-0 lead. Junior Kayla Kelley (Boston, Mass.) broke the ice for the Leopards with a basket with 6:47 left in the opening frame. Kelley's basket was the start of six straight points for the black & Gold as junior Erin Morton (Norway, Maine) scored four straight points in a 17-second span.
- UNE put together a 9-2 run, taking a 15-8 lead with 2:17 left in the quarter on a freshman Katrina Krenzer (Nottingham, N.H.) basket and led, 15-10, at the end of the quarter.
- Junior Lyric Campbell (Madisonville, Ky.) brought the Leopards to within three with a basket 33 seconds into the second quarter before the Nor'Easters used a 14-3 run – capped off by a Chaput three with 4:52 left in the quarter – to lead by 14. UNE held a 36-24 lead at the half.
- Wentworth pulled within seven with 5:42 left in the third quarter on a layup from junior Moley Duclos (Greenfield, Mass.), however, an 8-0 Nor'Easter run pushed the lead to 15 when Krenzer hit a layup with 3:44 left in the frame. UNE led, 51-36, after three quarters.
- UNE shot 55.6 percent from the floor in the fourth quarter and outscored the Leopards by a 30-9 margin. A 25-4 run by the visitors over a span of 7:20 broke the game open for the Nor'Easters.
- Sophomore Abby Cavallaro (South Portland, Maine) scored 14 points and grabbed 11 rebounds while senior Sadie Nelson (Windham, Maine) also had a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Junior Madalyn Sanborn (Lyndonville, Vt.) also scored in double figures, tallying 12 points. UNE had a 50-34 rebounding advantage.
- Freshman Isabella Perez (Homestead, Fla.) led Wentworth with 13 points and four assists. Morton added six points while senior Emily Magasic (West Milford, N.J.) had a team-high seven rebounds.
- Today marked the 38th all-time series meeting between the two programs with UNE holding a 36-2 series advantage after winning the 24th straight meeting.
- Wentworth is at Lesley on Tuesday (November 26) at 7:00 p.m.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.