Medford, Mass. – Matching its win total from the 2018-19 season through just six games, the Wentworth women's basketball team boasts a 4-2 record after a 77-26 victory over Lesley University on Wednesday afternoon at Medford High School.
- Wentworth (4-2)
- Lesley (0-3)
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Points Leaders: Winnie Kenou (18), Isabella Perez (13)
- Rebounds Leaders: Samantha Cormier (7), Abriana Busbey (7), Winnie Kenou (7)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Leopards raced to an early and commanding lead, outscoring the hosts 22-3 throughout the first ten minutes. Junior Erin Morton (Norway, Maine) and freshman Isabella Perez (Homestead, Fla.) each scored five points apiece in the quarter, as the Leopards went 10-of-16 (62.5%) as a team with an 11-5 advantage on the glass.
- Wentworth held Lesley to just eight points in the first half, and owned a 39-8 advantage at halftime, using 10 points from Perez.
- In Wentworth's best offensive quarter, freshman Winnie Kenou (Mattapan, Mass.) scored eight of her game-high 18 points, while Lesley also produced its best offensive numbers with 12 points. The Leopards gained their largest lead of the game of 51 points with just over five minutes left in regulation.
- Wentworth is undefeated in the short series against Lesley, and holds a 3-0 record dating back to 2012.
- Kenou's 18 points set a new career-high for the freshman, while sophomore Samantha Cormier (Rochester, N.H.) booked a career-best on the glass.
- The Leopards held a 48-26 advantage on the glass and scored 18 points off Lesley turnovers.
- Wentworth is averaging 68.5 points per game, which ranks second in the CCC, while its 164 made field goals ranks first.
- The Leopards break for Thanksgiving and return to play on Monday, December 2 for a non-conference tilt at Regis.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.